Explore the world of words with your child!
You have a child aged 0 to 5 and are looking for ways and tools to :
- encourage language development,
- promote learning,
- strengthen your relationship,
- and communicate more easily with your child?
So pick up a book and start reading together!
The program is offered FREE of charge throughout Quebec.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Enhances language development in children living with a hearing loss, expanding their knowledge of self and of the world and facilitating socialization
- Develops listening skills
- Builds reasoning and inference skills
Fosters a love of books and an appreciation of the joys of reading in the family
- Helps develop sentence structure
- Stimulates the imagination
- Improves communication skills
Helps familiarize the family with the world of deafness
- Offers support to parents as they learn to live with their child’s hearing loss
- Provides helpful hints to make everyday life easier
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- No need to leave home! Our family literacy facilitators will come to you.
- Enjoy! It’s a special time for sharing, relaxation and discovery with your child.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to borrow from a vast collection of books an educational games.
- Our facilitators are ready to share their experience to help you and your child establish a stimulating and enriching relationship through shared reading.
This program is made possible thanks to funding from the Public Health Agency of Canada and its Community Action Program for Children (CAPC).